Buying Christmas Trees in pots is a better and more sustainable way of celebrating Christmas. BUT there are a few tips to make sure your purchase is more environmentally friendly and sustainable.
- Check the label on the pot as some trees are not expected to live for long or to be planted after use.
- Avoid buying trees that have been grown in large fields, their roots will be used to a bigger area and when they are put in pots it can cause root damage.
- Best type of potted Christmas trees are ones grown from seed in a pot rather than dug up.
- The more locally grown the better!
- Don’t keep trees in the house for longer than 12 days and keep in a cool room.
EVEN BETTER – Use large household plants as an alternative to Christmas trees!