“TREE WISDOM explores the world of trees through the eyes of the ancients and our eyes of today. Trees existed long before humans and provide a unique holistic insight into our relationship with the land. In this time of increasing ecological awareness trees have become a symbol of our connection with Nature.
Concentrating on the indigenous trees of Britain through the changing seasons of the year, Jacqueline Memory Paterson draws on years of extensive research to tell the story of each individual species of tree. This beautifully illustrated work covers each aspect of tree wisdom including:
- comprehensive physical descriptions and botanical illustrations
- the legends and myths surrounding each tree
- its healing powers, both for ourselves and the planet
- its artistic and practical uses
- its specific inspirational qualities
- its magical properties and how each features in the ancient tree alphabet”