Or does it contain the noxious substances described by WDDTY? It is claimed that:-
- “There are no regulations on the kind of ‘meat’ that makes its way into pet food.
- Dry food is cooked at such high heat that it destroys much of the life and benefit of the food.
- Dry foods, blended with the aid of computer programmes to establish the correct amounts of protein, fats and carbohydrate, often include ingredients that are largely indigestible to animals.
- There is nothing in the rulebook to impel manufacturers to determine the true bioavailability of the food in their products.
- Pet food is largely made as a one-size-fits-all product, and does not take into account the special needs of individual breeds.”