Highlights from the Guardian awards:-
- Cafeology, farming coffee in Guatemala in a way that protects the rainforest, encourages migrating birds and improves the growers’ livelihood.
- Ikea (yes, that Ikea) investing €1.5 billion in renewable energy equipment, and buying cotton from sustainable sources
- Divine Chocolate making a profit but still giving cocoa producers a livelihood
- Interface, a carpet tile maker using discarded nylon fishing nets
- Wyke Farms, now totally self-sufficient in solar and biogas energy
- GENeco, making biomethane from sewage as a substitute for natural gas
- Neals Yard installing a well for its frankincense collectors in Kenya